The job of an event planner is never done (I see several of you violently nodding your head.) In fact, it’s not just you — according to an article in Meetings Today, these are two of the major trends for event planners in 2019:
- Shrinking budgets, forcing event planning to get impossibly creative in creating the perfect event with smaller costs. And it’s not that budgets are smaller: expenses are going up.
- Longer hours, which have a direct correlation with shrinking budgets — less money, more creative, more time spent.
So how are you going to surprise your event guests with an exciting agenda, extraordinary breakout sessions, and then make sure your guests feel welcomed and connected with each other?
Skyrocket Your Events with Mixtroz
A big part of attendee satisfaction is the interaction they will have with other guests in the first few minutes of the event.
Enter Mixtroz – a simple event planning platform that your guests download for easy and effective participation. The backend of the software is for you to easily design experiences that effortlessly guide attendees throughout your events.
In this article, we’ll talk about inventive new ways to take your events to the next level with Mixtroz. We’ll explain how these three factors make it happen:
- An easy app-based tool that guides your event attendees through the experience you want them to have
- Improvement of attendee satisfaction, and most importantly: client satisfaction
- Automated tracking of event attendee behavior
Create groupings of attendees for ice breakers with meaning and purpose
Mixtroz is event planning software developed by the entrepreneurial mother-daughter team Ashlee Ammons and Kerry Schrader, that was created specifically for you to increase engagement and collect data in real-time at your networking, social, and philanthropic events. An engagement event planning software, Mixtroz was designed with an intuitive, easy-to-use backend program for you, and a simple event planning app for attendees to engage with.
Mixtroz, with near-effortless ease, allows event planners to:
- Provide event attendees with a supercharged social experience through intelligent attendee connections.
- Prepare team-building activities that are customized around the unique characteristics of the attendees at your event…
- …all while allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of your attendees before, during, and after your event.
Provide a simple app for attendees to deploy at the start and throughout each event
In a study from Columbia University, research shows that people don’t maximize their opportunities at mixers and social events, especially when they attend with friends or colleagues. Mixtroz disrupts this theory of homophily, or the desire to stick with people that look similar to you.
Mixtroz erases this problem, encouraging your attendees to mix in thoughtful, intelligent groups – from questions you create.
Using Mixtroz is as simple as sending an e-invite or setting up an event page:
- You begin by logging into your Mixtroz Dashboard. You’ll see the option to “Add a New Event.” From there, you’ll name your event, add branded imagery and plug in your event details (like location, day of the event, start and end time.)
- After you finish your event details, you’ll customize 10 questions or choose from our library of pre-made questions.
- You choose what to ask and weight your questions to group attendees that have answered similar or diverse to create the most dynamic collisions.
- Have a sponsor? We’ve got you covered there too! Create sponsor banners or link to a video to be displayed to all attendees in-app!
That’s it! You’re finished!
On the day of your event, your attendees download, create a profile, and answer questions in under 4 minutes. When it’s time to connect, you launch the mix.
As your attendees “mix”, it’s time for you to learn about them. Upon launch of the mix, your data is immediately visualized and available for download!
Never received tangible ROI on your event’s networking?
How are you currently measuring the success of your events? What are you able to pass along to your client regarding the tangible outcomes of your event? In other words, are you coming up empty with hardcore metrics to share?
With Mixtroz, you gain invaluable data on the backend by gathering dashboard data from the questions you created that provide critical insights on your attendees. For example, your event data gathered from your attendees through the app can provide your client with a unique peek into the characteristics of the event attendees. This allows them to tailor future projects and events that are meaningful and will ensure attendance at your client’s next event.
Here are some examples of the type of data you might gather that will be highly valuable to both your client and you as you put on recurring events:
- Philanthropic events — let’s say you’re putting on a Heart Ball Gala for the Florida chapter of the American Heart Association with the ultimate goal of gaining new donors. The attendees are either past or potential new donors. You might ask questions about each attendee’s “bucket list”, in order to better plan a theme for next year’s Gala. Or, you might ask whether or not someone in their family suffers from heart disease – self, husband/wife, children, or parents. That way, you get an idea of what percentage of your attendees are invested in your cause personally, and you can tailor your follow-up communication in a customized way.
- Non-profit event mixers – perhaps you’re in charge of throwing a cocktail mixer for the local chapter of the American Association of Land Preservation, with the goal of signing up new members. You could ask the attendees whether or not they were moderately interested in improving their event networking efforts with fellow land preservationists, and pair those who answer “yes” with current members. Or, if the organization was planning to expand their monthly meetings by broadening the types of categories for which they bring in speakers, you could ask which types of topics from a list that personally keep them up at night.
- Team building events for corporations — so you’ve been asked to put together a weekend overnight event for the junior and senior management team for Acme Inc., a company that manufactures steel drums. You might ask the question “do you feel like you have opportunities for upward mobility at Acme?” Those who answered no could be paired with a senior executive with a long tenure at the organization, enabling that “no” attendee to be exposed to a long-term employee who’s worked their way up the corporate ladder, giving them meaningful satisfaction that they, too, could work their way up one day. These types of interactions represent the reduction in corporate attrition, a valuable initiative at most corporations these days. You might also ask the types of questions that will indicate whether or not they think the new corporate mission statement your CEO rolled out has been read and understood by their fellow employees. This gives your client invaluable information about the traction of your new mission statement, and future work they have to do to ensure their employees understand it and live by it every day.
This level of data has been almost impossible to collect manually in the past. With Mixtroz, it’s simple and easy for event planners to design quizzes and other interactions providing easily visualized data that can be studied and actioned throughout your client’s departments — or even throughout the entire company. Imagine the value this data represents to your clients knowing that other event planners and organizations are only using “touchy, feely” gut-level measures to determine the success of an event.
With the planning of a flawless and enjoyable event, and providing actionable data to your client at the end of the event, you’ll soon outpace your competitors in bringing to them an advantage they can’t get with other event planners.
Data collection. Better attendee mixing. Less time spent on mundane tasks. Wouldn’t you and your teams love to conduct your next event with these built-in advantages that make you look like the rock stars you are!
Mixtroz is event planning software that engages and improves events for attendees while collecting data for our event hosts – a 360-degree ROI. Users download the app, complete a virtual name tag and survey customized by the organizer. At a predetermined time, the app simultaneously matches attendees and guides them to an intelligently automated match of people for a curated group connection experience in real time! At the completion of the “mix,” the organizer gains the visualized survey data collected from the interactions which can be used to drive future marketing and programming decisions. Mixtroz can be up and running at your organization in no time at all. So, to get started working less and innovating more, contact us today!